Friday, June 23, 2006

It is only 6:00am and Hope has been up since 4:30, but I have to admitt that it didn't bother me or Rich one little bit. She woke up smiling and laughing, and that has definitely made Granpoo's and Sherry's (she won't call me granma) day. She is sitting at the table eating cereal, and when I placed her bowl in front of her she instantly put her hands in front of her mouth to pray. It brought tears to my eyes. I know she has learned this from the kids, they pray at every meal and she would copy them. She has been doing this since around September/October, I remember John smiling one time when him and Trish were here eating dinner with us. Even when we go out to eat she puts her hands up to pray, normally she wouldn't make any noise when she did it, she would just wait til the kids would say Amen and then put her hands down. But during the last week it sounds like she is trying to say it, alot of it is just mumbo jumbo but I know what she is trying to do. It is such a blessing to see her at this age praying at every meal, she is even praying at night when she is getting ready for bed, my mom couldn't figure out what she was doing the other night and when I told her she started laughing and got the biggest joy out of it. God has blessed me and Rich with such a wonderful granddaughter and I can never thank him enough for that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea~Erin said...

cute!

7:16 AM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is great!!!!!!!!!!!! there is nothing more sweet than a little child praying...

6:43 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Joy said...

how sweet!! i know that's a blessing. :)

5:08 PM, June 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home